Bharat Ratna is the highest civilian honor, given for exceptional service towards advancement of Art, Literature and Science, and in recognition of Public Service of the highest order. The prize of Bharat Ratna was introduced in 1954.
1.Sir Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan (5september 1888–1975)-First Vice President and The Second President of India, A Philosopher belonging to Tamil Nadu whose birthday is commemorated as “Teachers’ Day”.
3.Sir C. V. Raman ( 1888–1970)- Sir c.v. Raman was an Indian physicist whose work in the field of light scattering earned him the 1930 Nobel-prize for Physics, he was belonging to Tamil Nadu.
4. Dr.Bhagwan Das (1869–1958)- Dr. Bhagwan dash was an Indian Freedom Fighter belonging to Uttar Pradesh.
5.Sir Mokshagundam Visvesvarayya (1861–1962)- He was An Indian Civil Engineer and Dam Architect,scholar, statesman and the Diwan of Mysore during 1912 to 1918 A Diwan of Princely state of Mysore Karnataka.
7. Mr. Govind Ballabh Pant (1887–1961)- An Indian Freedom Fighter and Home Minister of Indian Union belonging to Uttarakhand
8. Dhondo Keshav Karve (1858–1962) –An Educationist he was also popularly known as Maharishi Karve, Dhondo Keshav Karve was a social reformer in India in the field of women's, and he was belonging to Maharashtra- Awarded Bharata Ratna in his birth centenary year 1958.
1959 and1960: None 1961 (2):
9. Dr. B. C. Roy (1882–1962)_ A Physician, Politician and Former Chief Minister of West Bengal belonging to West Bengal
10.Mr.Purushottam Das Tandon (1882–1962)- An Indian- Freedom Fighter and an Educationist belonging to Uttar Pradesh
1962:None 1963 (3):
11. Dr.(Babu) Rajendra Prasad (1884–1963)- The first President of India, a Freedom Fighter. belonging to Bihar
13. Mr.Pandurang Vaman Kane (1880–1972)- Ideologist and Sanskrit scholar belonging to Maharashtra
1964 and 1965: None 1966 (1):
14. Lal Bahadur Shastri (1904–1966)--The Second Prime Minister of India a Freedom Fighter belonging to Uttar Pradesh- Awarded Posthumously
From 1967 To 1970: None 1971 (1):
15.Mrs. Indira Gandhi –(1917–1984)- Former and the first and the only Lady Prime Minister of India/Daughter of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, belonging to Uttar Pradesh
From 1972 To 1974: None 1975 (1):
16.Mr.V. V. Giri (1894–1980)- Former President- Trade Unionist belonging to Orissa
17.Mr.K. Kamaraj (1903–1975)--A Freedom Fighter-Former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu belonging to Tamil Nadu-Awarded Posthumously
1977 To 1979:None The ‘Bharat Ratna” award had been kept suspended by the Government of India,from 13th July 1977 to 26th January 1980. 1980 (1):
18 .Mother Teresa (1910–1997)- A Nobel Laureate (For Peace, 1979) A foreigner belonging to the Republic of Macedonia- dedicated to the Sick people of India especially for those who were affected by Leprosy
19.Acharya Vinoba Bhave (1895–1982)-- A Social Reformer and a Freedom Fighter belonging to Maharashtra-Awarded Posthumously
From 1984 To 1986:- None 1987 (1):
20.Mr.Khan Abdul Ghaffar Khan, known as "Frontier Gandhi", (1890–1988)-
The first non-citizen awarded Bharata Ratna- A Freedom Fighter belonging to Pakistan
21.Mr. M. G. Ramachandran (1917–1987)- -Former Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu- Popular Cinema Actor belonging to Tamil Nadu- Awarded Posthumously
1989:None 1990 (2):
22.Dr.B. R. Ambedkar (1891–1956)- An Architect who played a key role in the formation of the Indian Constitution, a Social Reformer, Economist and Scholar belonging to Maharashtra-
24.Mr.Rajiv Gandhi (1944–1991)- - Former Prime Minister of India/Son of Mrs.Indira Gandhi/Grand-son of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru- belonging to New Delhi -Awarded Posthumously
25.Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel (1875–1950)- An Indian Freedom Fighter and the First Home Minister of India belonging to Gujarat-Awarded Posthumously-
Fighter belonging to Gujarat. He was the First Ever Non-Congress Prime Minister of India.
27. Mr. Maulana Abul Kalam Azad (1888–1958) – AFreedom Fighter and the First Education Minister of India belonging to WestBengal-Awarded Posthumously
28. Mr.J. R. D. Tata (1904–1993)- An Industrialist and a philanthropist belonging to Maharashtra
29.Mr.Satyajit Ray (1922–1992)- A popular Bengali -Film Director-An Oscar Award-winner
From 1993 To 1996: None
30. Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam- (1931-2015) Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam is an Indian scientist and administrator who served as the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007 belonging to Tamil Nadu
31.Mr.Gulzarilal Nanda (1898–1998)-he was an Indian politician, Freedom Fighter and Economist who specialized in labour issues. He was the Prime Minister of India for two short periods following the deaths of Jawaharlal Nehru in 1964 and Lal Bahadur Shastri in 1966. belonging to Punjab
32. Ms,.Aruna Asaf Ali (1908–1996) An Indian Freedom Fighter belonging to West Bengal-Awarded Posthumously
33 .Mrs.M. S. Subbulakshmi (1916–2004)- A Carnatic music vocalist, she wascalled the “Nightingale Of India” by Mrs.Sarojini Devi. she belonging to Tamil Nadu
34.Mr.Chidambaram Subramaniam/C.S. (1910–2000)- An Indian Freedom Fighter and former Indian Union Minister of Agriculture - belonging to Tamil Nadu
35. Mr.Jayaprakash Narayan (1902–1979)- A Freedom -Fighter and a Social Reformer belonging to Bihar- Awarded Posthumously
Recipients of 1999 (3):
36 .Pandit Ravi Shankar (1920-2012) -whom George Harrison called the "Godfather of World Music". A Classical-Sitarist belonging to Uttar Pradesh.
37. Dr.Amartya Sen- Born in 1933- Indian economist who was awarded the 1998 Nobel Prize in Economic Sciences for his contributions. -belonging to West Bengal
38. Mr.Gopinath Bordoloi (1890–1950)--A Man of Literature and an Indian Freedom An Indian belonging to Assam- Awarded Posthumously
2000:None 2001 (2):
39. Ms.Lata Mangeshkar- Born in 1929-Lata Mangeshkar is a living legend in the Hindi film industry a Play back Singer belonging to Maharashtra
40. Ustad Bismillah Khan (1916-2006)-He wan An Indian musician credited with popularising the shehnai, a subcontinental wind instrument of the oboe class belonging to Bihar
From 2002 To 2007:None 2008 (1):
42. Sachin Tendulkar- (Born in the year 1973)- Sports Person / Cricketer -for his unreachable achievements and unbreakable records in the field of cricket, which earned good name and glory to India, in a span of 24 years. he is first person who got bharat ratan in sports.
43. Dr.C.N.R.Rao-Dr Chintamani Nagesa Ramachandra Rao, also known as Dr C N R Rao, is a renowned chemist in India. To date, he has written close to 1,500 research papers. the man behind India's maiden 'Mars'-Mission
44. Madan Mohan Malaviya:
Madan Mohan Malaviya: Educationist and politician (President of Indian National Congress (INC) in 1909, 1918)
|Madan Mohan Malaviya|
|Atal Bihari Vajpayee|