- The Government signs an agreement with ADB for $100 min loan.
- India announces an assistance of 2.5 million US dollars to Syria at a High-level International Humanitarian pledging conference for Syria held in Kuwait.
- King and Queen of Bhutan visited India from 23 to 30 January,2013 The king of Bhutan was the chief guest for the Republic day celebration.
- After a gap of 9 months, the Reserve bank of India (RBI) slashes short term lending (Repo) rate by 0.25 percent to 7.75 percent.
- The Rajasthan High court stayed the state government's decision for giving 4 percent additional reservation to Gurjar.
- The Center resolved the issue of CST compensation with the states. The center agreed for a lower payment of 34000 Crore rupees for phasing out the Central sales tax. it paves the way for implementation of the Goods and Services Tax (GST)
- Tiger woods won his 75th PGA tour title in the Farmers Insurance Open Torrey Pines.
- According to the new modeling research, the excess amount of heat produced by the cities could heat up rural areas as far as 1000 miles or 1600 km away.
- Iran successfully sent a monkey into space in the rocket called Pishgam, reaches at a hight of 120 km. The first country to launch the primate into space was US in 1948.
- Mumbai wins its 40th Ranji Trophy after defeating saurachtra in Final.
- India and Bangladesh sign two landmark agreements on extradition of criminals and terrorsists and liberalising the visa regime.
- The Union minister for commerce launched an eBiz portal at the CII partnership summit in agra.
- Desutsche Bank was appointed as the depository bank for Global Depository receipt (GDR) of Indiabulls Infrastructure and Power Limited (IIPL).
- India and Australia agreed to concentrate on priority areas like energy and food security for mutual benefit of the two countries.
- China successfully performed the second interceptor missile test. this is for the second time that china announced testing such a missile.
- Six Indian NGOs or non-government organizations working towards upliftment of poor, Dalits as well as women were org-approved by the committee on Non-Government Orgnizations for consultative status with Un.
- President Mohamed Morsi announced a month-long emergency in three cities of Egypt. these cities are Suez, Ismailia and Port said.
- India celebrated its 64th Republic Day showcased Military Prowess and cultural heritage.
- Milos zeman was sworn in as the first direct president in the czech Republic Presidential Election 2013.
- Victoria Azarenka o of Balerus wins the women's singles title of the Australian open tennis tournment 2013 held at Melbourne.
- India successfully test fires an underwater ballistic missile, K-15 (code-name Bo5) in Bay of Bengal.
- President Pranab Mukherjee approved the conferment of 108 Padama awards, including 4 Padma vibhushan, 24 Padma Bhushan and 80 Padma shri Awards.
- Union commerce Ministry claimed that India has crossed one Billion Mark in tea production.
- Secretary level talks between India and Pakistan on water sharing, scheduled to begin in Islamabad on 28 January 2013, were postponed,
- The election commission of India celebrated the 3rd National Voters' Day across the country.
- David Headley is sentenced to 35 year in prison for his role in the 2008 Mumbai attacks.
- The government of Ukraine signs a major $10 billion shale gas deal with Royal Dutch shell to reduce its dependency on Russian gas imports.
- Fauja singh, 101, the oldest marathon runner of the world decided to stop running in the competitions after Hong Kong marathon which will be held in February 2013.
- World's largest optical telescope would be developed by the scientists of a five nation consortium namely, India, Japan, china, Canada and the US.
- The justice Verma panel, created to review the laws for sexual crimes submitted the report to the Government of India.
- Delhi court pronounce 10 year of imprisonment for Om prakash chautala and his son Ajay singh chautala in junior Basic Trained Teacher's Recruitment Scam.
- Two agreements were signed between India and Sri Lanka on Combating international Terrorism and Illegal Drug and Human Trafficking.
- Election Commission of India nominated Mary Kom and Saina Nehwal, the Olympic Bronze Medalists as National icons.
- India and Sri Lanka signed two agreements for fighting against international terrorism as well as avoiding double taxation, The agreements were signed after 8th India-Sri Lanka joint Commission meeting which was held in New Delhi.
- The Government of India increased the Import duty on Platinum and Gold from 4 percent to 6 percent.
- The Supreme court of India banned the Tourist to pass from Andaman Nicobar Trunk Road which passes through an area which is jarawas habital.
- INS Suryu, the largest shore patrol vessel, was commissioned in the eastern coast for maritime surveillance around Andaman and Nicobar Islands.
- Barack Obama, the first mixed race president of the United states, was sworn in as the president of the country for the secound term.
- 58th Idea filmfare Awards were given away. Ranbir Kapoor was declared best actor (Barfi) and Vidya Balana best actress (kahaani).
- Prime Minister Manmohan sing inaugurated Ghat ki Guni tunnel at Jaipur. The tunnel connects Jaipur with NH-11.
- Virat Kohli became the quickest Indian to score 4000 runs. At world level he is the second quickest and follows Viv Richards, the cricketer from West Indies.
- Rahul Gandhi was declared the new decision made by the congress working committee.
- President's Rules was Imposed on Jharkhand.
- Lance Armstrong was asked to return the Sydney Olympics Bronze Medal by the International Olympics committee.
- According toe the National Bureau of Statistics, china's economy, the 2nd largest economy ot the world grew just 7.8 percent in 2012, which is the 13-year low.
- IBM signed an MoU with University of Petroleum & Energy studies (UPES), Dehradun in Order to create a unique Opportunity for stundts and faculty to learn new skill sets on IBM software.
- Hindalco Industries finalized the arrangement of acquiring the alumina refinery and bauxite mine from Novelia to Brazil.
- India and Bangladesh decided to speed up rail link projects in order to increase to contact among the people of two neighboring nations.
- union government hiked the cap on subsidised LPG Cylinders from 6 to 9. the move will be effective form 1 April, 2013.
- Union government imposed 2.5 per cent import duty on crude edible oil with keeping the duties unchanged on refined cooking oil.
- The Union cabinet of India agreed to enforce President's Rule in Jharkhand.
- Government Telecom service provider MTNL launched its video telephony service in Delhi and Mumbai.
- The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs approved the continuation of the Jawaharlal Nehru National Urban Renewal Mission (JNNURM).
- Barrack obama, the Us president proposed extensive gun control laws, making them stricter.
- Patiala house court complex in New Delhi completely switched over to the e-stamping facility, becoming the first district court to do so.
- Chinese Government approved wei weu as its new ambassador ti India.
- The supreme court of India ordered that constructing religious structures and statues on the Public land was banned.
- In the wake of the bacheading of two Indian soldiers, the Visa-free Entry to the Pakistani senior citizens was put on hold.
- Indian and Vietnam signed (MoU) which directly meant for building capacity and developing instututional framework for MSMEs in Vietnam.
- Sc or pakistan ordered the authorities to arrest the Prime Minister Raja Pervez Asraf on changes of corruption linked to him.
- The implementation of General Anti Avoidance Rules (GAAR) was deferred by two years by the government of India. It will now come into force from 1 april, 2006.
- The first space weather reading Center,to be opened in Kolkata, was approved by Union HRD Ministry.
- Indian-origin Halimah yacob (58) become the first woman and the 9th Speaker of the singapore parliament.
- The Health Ministers of Brazil, Russian, India, China and South Africa (BRICS) decided to set up a Technical working Group (TWG).
- The President of sri Lanka remived the first woman chief justice of the country, Shirani Bandarnayake, on corruption charges.
- India reported zero fresh cases of polio in 2012 and this is the second year in arow that no fresh cases of polio has been discovered.
- International Paralympic committee (IPC) decided to launch the international grand prix circuit especially for the elite athletes who are disabled.
- President Pranab mukharjee gave his assent to prevention of money laundering (Amendment) bill and Banking laws (amendment ) Bill, 2012 to make it the law of land.
- Astronomers from University of central lancashire have discovered largest known structure in the Universe called as a large quasar Group (LQG).
- The union Government approved 10 per cent stake sale in Engineers India Ltd ( EIL), which is supposed to bring back a sum of around 800 crore Rupees to the Government.
- The Union cabinet approved a proposal of infusing 12517 crores rupees in public sector banks so that bank could enchance the leading activity and meet the capital adequcy norms.
- PR Fonroche an Indian and rench partnership firm inaugurated firs solar Plant National solar Mission Batch 2nd.
- Barrack Obama, signed into law the former presidents Protection act of 2012 which extends life-term protection to the former American Presidents and family.
- Rajkeshwur Purryag, President of Republic of Mauritius Visited India from 3 Jan 2013 He was Honoured with the Pravasi Bhartiya samman award.
- GAIL India announced successful commissioning of 5 million tonne capacity Dabhol LNG terminal at Ratangiri in Maharastra.
- Supreme court of India permitted the temil Nadu Government to oranixe jallikattu event in the state following 2009 act of the state.
- The union Cabinet approved the Ministry of Rural Development's proposal to increase the unit cost under Indira Award Yohana (IAY) keeping under consideration the sarp increase in the cost of materials.
- The state of Arunachal Pradesh entered into an agreement with signing of MoU with National Securities Depository Ltd (NSDL), permitting it to work as a central Record Keeping Agency (CRA) for adoption of the National Pension System (NPS).
- Rating Agency fitch rated India's sovereigh Rating in Its Negative Status.
- The Supreme Court dismissed Sahara Group's petition for review of its review of its verdict directing its two firms sahara India Real Estate Corporation (SIREC) and Sahara Housing Investment Corporation (SHIC) to refund announce 24000 Crore Rupees to their investors with 15 percent interest per annum.
- The Arjun Munda Ministry in Jharakhand resigned and recommonded dissolution of the two-year-old Assemble to the governor in Ranchi.
- Scientist discovered that oldest super Predator of the world was the marine crocodile.
- Cochin shipyard Ltd (CSL) launched the first fast patrol vessel (FPV), built for the Indian coast Guard.
- Usain Bolt and Shelly-Ann Fraser-Pryce won the male and female athlete of the year awards respectively at JAAA Golden Cleats Awards ceremony.
- The three-day 11th Pravasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD) kicked off in kochi.
- Indian institute of Astrophysics has decided to develop the world's largest solar telescope at ladakh and work on it would commence by end of the yerar 2013.
- Lione messi won the FIFA Ballon d'Or Award for fourth time.
- Government of Mdhya Pradesh declared 17 Eco-sensitive Zones around the wildlife sanctuaries and Natuional Parks of the state.
- Sunmeet Kaur sawhney, a housewife from the state of Punjab become the first woman to win 5 crore Rupees on the TV game show kaun Banega Crore pati 6 (KBC).
- Former south Africa fast bowler, Neil Adcock died at the age of 81.
- Andy Murray won Brisbane International tennis.
- India and United States inaugurated the first triangular India-US-Africa partnership in agricultural training at the National Institute of Agricultural Extension MNanagement (MANAGE) Hyderagbad for 30 trainees from three African countries - kenya, Liberial and Malawi.
- The researchers claimed that the Siachen Glacier reduced to 5.9 km. in its longitudinal extent from 1989 to 2009 due to increasing temperatures.
- The oldest bank of Switzerland became first foreign bank that pleaded guilty in Us for tax-evasion.
- The scientists claimed that the 2-billion year old martian rock, called Black beauty which fell in sahara is a martian meteorite containing 10 times more water.
- Indian Tennis player sania Mirza and her American partner bethanie Mattek-sands lifted the WTA Britisbane International trophy.
- National Aluminum co Ltd (NALCO) commissioned it first wind power project at Gandikot in kadapa district of Andhra Pradesh.
- Union Home minister Sushil kumar shinde on launched pilot Projuct of crime and criminal tracking systems.
- Union science and technology Minister s. jaipal reddy declared that the centre's allocation for the science and technology and earth sciences ministry had been doubled for 12th period.
- Hariyana Government announced its plan to launced kanyadan scheme in the state. The scheme would be valid for brides participating in mass marriages.
- The Bloomberg Billionires index revealed that Mukesh Ambani, the chairman and MD of reliance Industries is the 18th retches man in the world.
- The Nasscom sector skills council (SSC) signed a memorandum of undrstanding with NIIT to train one knowledge process outsourcing and legal process outsourcing jobs.
- Indian-American srikanth srinivasan re-nominated by US President Barack Obama as Federal judge for the District of columbia circut.
- Vice-captain of Indian cricket team virat kohli was named the international Cricketer of the year while Pakistan cricket team bagged the top0 honours for the best team at the CEAT criicket award 2011-12.
- Urjit patel was appointed as the Deputy Governor of the Reserve Bank of India. He succeeded subir Gokarn whose term ended on 31 Dec, 2012.
- As per the survey held by the Economist Switzerland was declared as the best palce to be born in the world.
- us President Barack Obama signed into law the annual defence policy Bill, authorising 633 billion dollars in defence spending for 2013.
- Nestle successfully won the trademark battle over the shape of kitkat Bar From Cadbury in the uk's community trademark office.
- One of the biggest Hindu temple in Us, which is built at a coast of 100 million dollar near Hollywood, was opened.
- South Korea became first country in Asia to order chemical castration of 31-year-old child rapist in landmark ruling.
- Tipperary International Peace Prize for 2012 was awarded to Malala yousafzai for her courage and determination.
- Union Government constituted the 14 Finance Commission union Former Reserve Bank on India (RBI) governor yaga vanugopal Reddy.
- CJI Altamas Kabir inaugurated the firs t fast-track court in Skate court complex, Delhi for dealing with the crime against females.
- S. Radhakrishnan took over as Director of vikram sarabhai Space center. He replaced P S veeraghavan and carries four decades of experience in Rocketry.
- According to Israel's central Bureau of Statistics the Israel's Jewish population passed the mark of 6 million for first time.
- Australian scientist chaimed that they discovered certain traces of bacteria in western Australia, which lives a Record - breaking 3.49 billion year ago.
- Justice Amitava raoy was sworn in as the chief justice of Rajasthan High court.
- National committee on Direct cash transfers started roll-out of the Direct cash Benefits in 20 selected districs of the country.
- India and Pakistan exchanged the list which contains the name of nuclear units of two countries as it is customary since 20 years.
- The astronautical society of India selected Dr. A.E. Muthunayagam and Dr. V.K saraswat for Aryabhatta Awards 2010 and 2011.
- Godrej consumer Products Ltd (GCPL) announced that its UK-based Subsidary Keyline Brands acquired soft and Gentle from Colgate-Palmolive co.