E-Gold trading is becoming an increasing preferred way of gold investing. Following are some pertinent facts about e-Gold.
- E-Gold has been introduced by The National Spot Exchange Limited (NSEL) as part of E-series investment products in commodities that also includes e-Silver.
- E-Gold units, where one unit equals 1 gram of physical gold, is purchased and sold through the spot exchange just like shares.
- There is the option of investing in small quantities in demat account, the minimum being 1 gram of e-Gold.
- There is also the liberty of taking physical delivery of gold through the exchange whenever desired.
- It's better than gold jewellery as you don't lose out on any jewellery making costs.
- You don't need a locker as e-gold is held in demat form, so it's 100% safe and has lower holding costs
- E-Gold is 99.9% pure gold and you have the flexibility of buying more or selling your e-gold at any time. It's 100% liquid.